Costa Concordia girl still haunts

The tear-stained face of the five-year-old girl haunted Rob Elcombe’s dreams for months.

As panicked passengers waited to get on lifeboats to escape the sinking Costa Concordia, the girl’s distraught father debated returning to their cabin for medication.

Mr Elcombe and his wife Tracey Gunn were among those who pleaded with Italian William Arlotti to stay on deck with his daughter Dayana.

But those pleas were ignored and the pair disappeared into the crowds clutching hands. Days later, the WA couple learnt the pair had…

Costa Concordia girl still haunts Yahoo

Bones Found on Costa Concordia

Divers have found human remains in the wreck of the Costa Concordia and will check whether they belong to the one person still unaccounted for 2 1/2 years after the luxury liner sank, Italian authorities said on Wednesday.

Russel Rebello, an Indian who worked as a waiter on the ship when it hit rocks and sank off the Tuscan coast in January 2012, killing 32 people, is the only victim of the disaster whose body has not yet been found.

Rebello’s relatives have been informed of the findings on the third deck of the ship, which is due to be broken up for scrap after being towed from Tuscany to the northern port of Genoa in July.
Bones Found on Costa Concordia Maritime Executive

Costa Concordia survivors John and Mandy Rodford seeking £1m in damages

  • John and Mandy Rodford from Rochester, Kent, were on dream Italian cruise
  • But fourth wedding anniversary celebration in 2012 ended in nightmare
  • They revealed their trauma at trial of ship’s captain Francesco Schettino
  • Hearing in Grosseto told the couple are each suing firm for a million Euros
  • Mrs Rodford: ‘Costa needs to suffer as we have – we almost lost our lives’

John and Mandy Rodford were among the last passengers to be plucked to safety from the stricken Costa Concordia, which struck rocks hours after leaving port for a seven-day Mediterranean cruise.

Both attended the trial today of the luxury liner’s captain Francesco Schettino, who is accused of multiple manslaughter and causing the disaster which cost the lives of 32 people – with one body still to be found.

Costa Concordia survivors John and Mandy Rodford seeking £1m in damages Daily Mail

Miss Italy hopeful competes in memory of Costa victim mom

The daughter of a woman killed in the Costa Concordia cruise ship disaster last year off the Tuscan coast says she is vying to become Miss Italy in her mother’s memory. Stefania Vincenzi, 18, survived the crash but still does not know what became of her mother Maria Grazia Tricarichi who is believed to have drowned in the January 2012 disaster that killed 32.

Miss Italy hopeful competes in memory of Costa victim mom Gazzetta del Sud

Costa Concordia reveals its darkest secrets

Giglio, Italy (CNN) — The shock of seeing the forlorn hulk of the Costa Concordia hasn’t been dimmed by time. I’m here once again on the pristine little Italian island of Giglio, made famous not for its beauty, but for the tragedy on its shores.

Costa Concordia reveals its darkest secrets CNN
Costa Concordia survivor relives his dramatic escape CNN
Costa Concordia Final Moments Detailed In New Court Papers Huffington Post
Costa Concordia victims’ final moments revealed Sydney Morning Herald
Girl, 5, turned away from lifeboat in Costa Concordia tragedy travol aol

Dancer who survived Costa Concordia disaster reveals desperate bid

Evening Standard
As Rose Metcalf clung in darkness to the stricken Costa Concordia, she posted a photo on Facebook captioned: “My name is Rose, its Friday 13th and I’m one of the last survivors still on board the sinking cruise liner off the coast of Italy. Pray or us to be rescued.”Today the dancer, 24, is sitting in a café near her Lambeth home wearing the only personal item she salvaged — a chipped gold watch.
Dancer who survived Costa Concordia disaster reveals desperate bid to survive – one year on from tragedy London Evening Standard
Costa Concordia: ‘People were clambering over each other to get out’ London Evening Standard
Bulgaria Names Costa Concordia Hero ‘Man the Year 2012’ Novinite
Costa Concordia hero gets Bulgaria’s ‘Man of the Year’ award Digital Journal

Costa Concordia survivors: ‘One year on, our lives are still in ruins’

Telegraph.co.uk
The 43-year-old Hungarian was part of “Bianco Trio,” a group of three instrumentalists playing on the Costa Concordia, the giant cruise ship that capsized on January 13 last year. He lost his beloved double bass in the carnage, smashed his back and ripped his ankle ligaments, leaving him unable to work and now facing imminent eviction from his flat.He also lost his friend –

Read More The Telegraph
Read More The Telegraph
Read More The Sunday Times