Costa Concordia survivors describe ‘Goliath’ fight against cruise industry

msnbc.com (blog)
Shortly after the Costa Concordia ran aground off the coast of Italy, leaving at least 32 people dead, Costa Cruises began offering settlements to the survivors of the accident. Nancy and Mario Lofaro of New Rochelle, N.Y., said they were offered $14,500 by the cruise line following the Jan. 13 incident.

Read More MSNBC
Read More CBS News
Read More Trade Only
Read More Marine Link
Read MoreMmegionline
Read More Google
Read More Euronews
Read More The Australian
Read More BBC
Read More ITN
Read More CNNPressroom

Costa Concordia survivors fighting over shipwreck settlement

msnbc.com
Rock Center- Six months after the Costa Concordia ran aground off the coast of Italy, the massive cruise ship remains where it tipped over. Those who survived the crash have learned that the agreements they signed at the start of the cruise leave Carnival Corporation, the owner of Costa Cruises, with very limited liability for the wreck.
Read More Rock Center with Brian Williams
Read More Spar Point Group
Read More Carrentals.co.uk
Read More thewest.com.au
Read More Digital journal
Read More BBC

Costa Concordia captain guided by ‘divine hand’

MiamiHerald.com
Francesco Schettino, the captain of the Costa Concordia ship which ran aground killing more than 30 people, claims a “divine hand” guided him during the disaster, preventing greater tragedy, reported Travel Mole, a British industry newsletter. In a letter explaining his version of events, published in Italy’s La Corriere della Sera newspaper, he defended his actions after the ship struck rocks and capsized off the coast of Tuscany in January.

Read More Miami Herald
Read More MSNBC
Read More USA Today
Read More The Hill
Read More Market Watch
Read MoreGlobal Post
Read Moretelegraph.co
Read More BBC
Read MoreInternational Business Times

Costa Concordia payout offer ‘an insult’

BBC News
A dancer who was caught up in the Costa Concordia cruise disaster has said the amount of compensation offered by the ship’s owners is “insulting”. Rose Metcalf, of Dorset, was performing on the ship when it ran aground off Italy, resulting in 32 deaths. She has been offered 6,000 euros, which she believes to be a third of the value of the possessions she lost. Miss Metcalf, 23, has joined a class action lawsuit in the US against the ship’s operators, Carnival Group.
Read More BBC

Costa Concordia salvage set to begin in May

CNN
By the CNN Wire Staff Removing the wrecked cruise liner Costa Concordia from the coastal waters off an Italian island will begin in May and take about a year.
“Once returned to a floating state, the wreck will be towed to an Italian port,” Costa Cruises said in a news release.

Read More CNN
Read Morewlky
Read More BBC
Read More Reuters

Fuel cleared from Costa Concordia wreck

Sydney Morning Herald
Authorities say they have removed all the fuel that was left aboard the Costa Concordia cruise ship that capsized off Italy. The process of getting more than 2000 tonnes of fuel and sewage was completed on Saturday. There had been fears that any fuel leaking from the ship would pollute the pristine waters off the Tuscan island of Giglio, where the ship rammed a reef on January 13. But authorities say no significant pollution has been detected.

Read More Sydney Morning Herald
Read More BBC
Read More USA Today
Read More Global Post
Read More Ria Novosti
Read More Zee News